We planted 55 of the 58 plants in our plan between October 6, 2022, and October 14, 2022.
- 4 Hollyleaf Cherry (Prunus ilicifolia)
- 2 Red Elderberry (Sambucus racemosa var. racemosa)
- 1 Leather Oak (Quercus durata) [pending]
- 1 Blue Elderberry (Sambucus mexicana)
- 1 Toyon (Heteromeles arbutifolia)
- 8 California Goldenrod (Solidago velutina californica)
- 6 California Barberry (Berberis pinnata)
- 5 Red Flowering Currant (Ribes sanguineum)
- 6 Upright Snowberry (Symphoricarpos albus)
- 2 Little Sur Manzanita (Arctostaphylos edmundsii)
- 3 White Pitcher Sage (Lepechinia calycina) [2 pending]
- 1 Quail Bush (Atriplex lentiformus)
- 1 Beaked Hazelnut (Corylus cornuta)
- 1 Coffeeberry (Frangula californica)
- 1 Buckbrush (Ceanothus cuneatus)
- 1 Valley Gumplant (Grindelia camporum)
- 1 Marsh Gumplant (Grindelia stricta var. angustifolia)
- 1 Monkeyflower (Mimulus aurantiacus)
- 1 California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica)
- 1 Bee Plant (Scrophularia californica) [substitute for Checkerbloom (Sidalcea malviflora)]
- 1 Narrowleaf Mule Ears (Wyethia angustifolia)
- 1 Nakedstem Buckwheat (Eriogonum nudum)
- 1 Bog Rush (Juncus effusus)
- 4 Point Reyes Ceanothus (Ceanothus gloriosus)
- 2 Point Reyes Bearberry (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi)
- 1 Wood Rose (Rosa gymnocarpa)
These photos show a 180° panorama of the planting area along the northern border of the SCWR. We added 42 plants in this area which can be subdivided into 5 locations:
- In front of the Willows – 8 California Goldenrod (photo 1).
- The Northern corner – a Hollyleaf Cherry, a Point Reyes Bearberry, and a Beaked Hazelnut (photo 2).
- The Northeastern oaks – in front: 2 California Barberry, 4 Point Reyes Ceanothus, a Quail Bush, and a Hollyleaf Cherry; behind: 4 Red Flowering Currant, 2 Snowberry, 2 California Barberry, and a Coffeeberry (photos 2 and 3).
- The Eastern Corner – 2 Hollyleaf Cherry, 2 Red Elderberry, a Snowberry, and a California Barberry (photos 4 and 5).
- Behind Pen #1 – 3 Snowberry, 1 California Barberry, 1 Red Flowering Currant, 1 White Pitcher Sage (photo 6).
The other 13 plants were added in two locations in the middle and western edge of the planting area.
Goldenrods by the Willow Trees
The Northern Corner
The Northeastern Oaks
In Front of the Oaks
Behind the Oaks
The Eastern Corner
Between Pen #1 and the Water Bins
Next to Pen #3
Near the Caltrans Fence
The SCWR Water Distribution System
We’ve upgraded our water delivery system from carrying two two-gallon buckets of water (33.2 pounds) per trip to rolling a wheelbarrow filled with 10 gallons of water (83.4 pounds) per trip. Three buckets of water (six gallons) are poured into the black bin and two full buckets (four gallons) are then placed in the bin. The lid is placed on the bin, and we’re ready to move the water 75 feet to 125 feet per trip.